There’s no denying the power of social media in today’s world. It has revolutionized the way we connect, communicate, and consume content. And for artists, it has become an essential tool to expand their platform, build their brand, and connect with their audience. Yesterday we sat down with Indira Paganotto and Mochakk for a discussion hosted by Frank McWeeny and Sarah Story at the Great Room, located at W Hotel Amsterdam. We learned how they optimized social media to expand their platforms, build their brands, and obtain real insights into their journeys.
With a combined following of over 2.8 million on Instagram and 1.3 million on TikTok, these artists have proven that social media can play an integral role in the day-to-day life of some of the world’s most followed DJs.
Indira Paganotto: From 20 euros after hour DJ to performing at the main stage of Tomorrowland
Indira Paganotto’s journey to success is nothing short of inspiring. She started her career as a DJ in the underground scene, playing after-hour sets for as little as 20 euros. But she had a burning passion for music and a relentless drive to succeed. Indira knew that she had to find a way to reach a wider audience and showcase her talent.
That’s when she turned to social media. Indira started by creating an Instagram account and sharing snippets of her sets, behind-the-scenes moments, her own music productions and also answers all her warriors’ (as she referees to her fans) comments. She describes Instagram as a bridge to communicate with her fans. She dedicates a lot of her time to answer as many comments as possible. She wants her audience to remain sure she is the one answering and not her team or manager.
Through consistent and engaging content, Indira began to attract a following. Her unique style and infectious energy resonated with people, and her audience grew rapidly. As she gained more followers, opportunities started pouring in. She was invited to perform at local festivals, where her electrifying sets caught the attention of industry professionals. Soon enough, she found herself performing at renowned events and even landing a spot at the main stage of Tomorrowland.
Mochakk: From Curitiba national festivals to full stages at Coachella and DC 10 Ibiza
Mochakk’s rise to fame is a testament to the power of social media in expanding an artist’s reach. Hailing from Curitiba, Brazil, Mochakk started his DJ career by playing at local festivals. He had a unique sound that blended different genres, and he knew he had something special to offer.
Mochakk, known for his captivating artwork and unique style, emphasized that while social media alone is not the sole reason for his career’s success, it has played a significant role in helping him reach new audiences. According to him, his social media success is a result of his dedicated team and an organized schedule of posting. In this blog post, we will delve deeper into the impact of social media on an artist’s career, exploring the ways it can help both new and old artists in reaching a wider audience and gaining recognition.
As Mochakk’s following grew, so did his opportunities. He was invited to perform at larger festivals, where his energetic sets and ability to read the crowd became a standout feature. Eventually, he caught the attention of international promoters, leading to performances at prestigious events such as Coachella and DC 10 Ibiza. Social media played a crucial role in his journey, enabling him to showcase his talent and connect with fans from all over the world.
Social media success Key Insights
Both Indira Paganotto and Mochakk have effectively utilized social media to expand their platforms and build their brands. Here are some key insights and strategies they shared during our discussion:
- Consistency is key: Both artists emphasized the importance of consistency in posting content. Regularly sharing updates, snippets of sets, and behind-the-scenes moments helps keep the audience engaged and interested in what you have to offer.
- Showcasing your uniqueness: Indira and Mochakk highlighted the importance of showcasing your unique style and sound. In a sea of DJs, it’s essential to stand out and offer something different. Find your own voice and let it shine through in your content.
- Engaging with your audience: Interacting with your audience is crucial in building a loyal fanbase. Respond to comments, messages, and engage in conversations. Your fans are your biggest supporters, and nurturing those relationships is essential.
- Collaborate and network: Both artists stressed the importance of collaborating with other artists and networking within the industry. Collaborations can help expose you to new audiences and open up new opportunities.
- Stay true to yourself: Both Indira and Mochakk emphasized the importance of staying true to yourself and your music. Don’t get caught up in trends or try to imitate others. Authenticity is what will connect you with your audience on a deeper level.
Indira Paganotto and Mochakk’s journeys are a testament to the power of social media in the music industry. Through their hard work, dedication, and strategic use of social media platforms, like Instagram and TikTok, they have been able to reach millions of fans and achieve remarkable success. Their stories serve as inspiration for aspiring artists looking to harness the power of social media to expand their platforms, build their brands, and connect with their audience. So, what are you waiting for? Start optimizing your social media presence and let the world discover your unique talent.